In order to support development of Confucius Institutes, facilitate Chinese language promotion and Chinese cultural transmission in the world, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) (hereinafter referred to as “Hanban”) launches the “Confucius Institute Scholarships” (CIS) program for providing sponsorship to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries for pursuing a study in relevant universities in China (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
- Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
- Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL) Students
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
- Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
- Scholarship for Four-Week Study Students
Application is open to applicant who
- owns a non-Chinese citizenship;
- aged between 16 and 35 (applicants currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45. Undergraduate student shall not exceed the age limit of 20); and
- in good health condition
You can choose from a wide range of Chinese universities to study.
For more information, please read the following documents:
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.